Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LOOK WHO'S 74-YEARS YOUNG!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMACITA!

Although this post is 4-days late, I wanted to wish an INCREDIBLE WOMAN a wonderful birthday! She is turning


74-years young! Here's just a few of this amazing woman's accomplishments, as well as the Top 10 things I have learned from my mom (if I listed them all, you would be here all day & night).

Mom's Accomplishments (just to name a few):

  • Left her native home of France at the age of 17 to travel to Salt Lake City to be closer to "The Church."
  • Mother to 9 Children, 28 Grand Children, and 7 Great-Grand Children!
  • Married to her Sweetheart for 45 years! (Her sweatheart is preparing their mansion above!)
  • Has traveled the world extensively!
  • Supported 7 children on a secretaries salary while taking care of her disabled sweetheart for 21-years!
  • Served an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints as a single sister on the island of Fiji!
  • Traveled to many different Wards, Schools, Civic Clubs, etc., sharing her incredible life's story and her conversion story to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
  • Her incredible faith and strength in the gospel and in our Savior, Jesus Christ!
Top 10 Things I Gained from my Mom:
  1. Be proud of our Country and the English Language!
  2. A cluttered home is a loving home! (don't let scrubbing your floors get in the way of playing with your kids!)
  3. Don't stress over the small stuff!
  4. My Name! Something I have been proud of all my life!
  5. Chocolate Milk & Toast is a great meal anytime of the day!
  6. Patieence is a virtue!
  7. Chocolate makes everything better!
  8. Never settle for anything less than being treated like a Queen! AND... Always remember, You & your spose are a TEAM!
  9. Having a sense of humor helps get you through life!
  10. No matter what happens, NEVER FORGET TO PRAY! God is ALWAYS there for you!


Thank you for always being there, for being one of the greatest examples throughout my life, for teaching me forgiveness and unconditional love, for being my friend, and most of all for being my Mom! You have made me the woman I am today. I LOVE YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMACITA!

0 comments: