Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Great Clips"...... NOT!

Cutting Hair is a talent, either you have or you don't. I realize stylists have trained long and hard for their license, but just because you have one doesn't necessarily mean you should practice what you trained to do. Let me tell why.....

We took the 4 younger kids to get haircuts yesterday because I wasn't feeling too good. The kids were excited to have their hair cut for the 1st time by a "PROFESSIONAL HAIR STYLISTS." They were anticipating how handsome/beautiful they would all look AFTER the "PROFESSIONAL STYLISTS" were done with their hair.

Well, 15-min. after walkin in to Great Clips, we walked out - I kid you not! And man did my kids hair look amazing! NOT!

When asked if they liked it, they said, "Mom, will you cut our hair next time?" This goes to show you that a license might give you the knowledge, but not necessarily the skills or talent.

I have wanted to go to cosmetology school since I was in 2nd grade. I was a major tomboy growing up, never playing with dolls except only if I could do their hair. My younger sister was the one to play with dolls, and I would secretly take her dolls, sit back, look at their face shape, skin color, ect, and think of what type of hair style would look good on them, then.... CHOP! off came the hair. In 2nd grade I wasn't too good of a stylist, and BARBIE usually ended up being bald or had a very short crew cut. Today though, I do have to admit, I am pretty good with a pair of scissors and clippers.

Next time my kids need hair cuts, I'll put my sick feelings aside and do it myself, saving myself 15-min., and the $45 dollars I had to dish out.

3 comments:

Juli said...

I hear ya! Half the time Camron's hair looks like someone cut it with a machete. I need to learn how to cut hair... where did you learn? I have a hard time finding someone you can give me a decent hair cut, too. Go to school and then cut my hair! ;-)

xóchitl said...

i'm dying at the time we watched that movie "the replacements" and i liked the girl's hair. i was like, "i want to cut my hair like that." and you said, "i'll cut it right now." and we totally did. all before brian came home from work and he was wondering what in the heck went on that day. i miss being neighbors and just walking into your house to see what's up.

Harward Family said...

I totally remember when I cut your hair. That was the first time I did a real hair cut. I thought it turned out pretty good, but your memories might be quite different than mine. Sure hope it's been able to grow out since then. We miss the everyday visits too. Just know, our door is still always open, so come on in!