Thursday, February 21, 2008

"GREAT"..... A VISIT FROM FRIENDS!


So this past weekend ROCKED! We were most excited because some of our bestest friends, Jane (aka Janey Waney) & Emily Bartholomew (aka Smellimy Barf all over you) came all the way from Colorado to spend President's Day Weekend with us! Actully, just Emily came from Colorado, Jane is in her 2nd semester at LDS Business College. Brett & I basically think of them as our adopted daughters, since while we lived in Colorado our families were together ALL THE TIME!

Cassidey loved seeing her bestest buddy - "M"! These two girls are two peas in a pod. I swear they were split from the same mold in heaven because they are exactly alike. The other kids couldn't get enough of jumping on them (Peity), hugging them (again Peity), kissing them (Gunner), and pretty much annoying them to DEATH (and again Peity)! They probably left here saying, "Holy Crap - I won't be visiting again any time soon!"


During the weekend we went to see Spiderwick Chronicles (http://www.spiderwickchronicles.com/)! It was AWESOME! It was nonstop action from start to finish, and my kids LOVED IT! It was a bit scarry at times, and I thought for sure my kids would wake up with nightmares, but they didn't, and they said, "It wasn't too scarry for me, Mom!" We had a great time!

Then it was off to The Cache Valley Fun Park, it's like Ghettoville Boondocks, only with indoor activities only, like roller skating, a HUGE soft play area with a wicked slide, the usual video games that spit out tickets and and never work, Lazer Tag - everyone's favorite that night, and bowling, as well as the usual greasy pizza. It was fun for the most part, especially since I didn't come home with too bad of a head ache from the loud music blasting the entire time - HOLY COW! I just realized I've turned OLD!

The rest of the time, we just hung out, got our groove on playing, Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii, and just plain having a great time together. The weekend went too fast because before we knew it, Monday had arrived and we were heading to the airport to drop off Emily, and take Jane to her apartment.

We miss the Bartholomews! (excuse me while I blow my nose and wipe up the tears spilling out of my eyes.) They are our bestest buddies, and wish we could see them more. I told them before we moved to Utah that I was going to find a way to get them to move out here, and I have been trying really hard (any body know of a great paying job in the cheese business here in Cache Valley?)

Anyway, just wanted to share a few pictures and a video of the awesome girls! We miss you Janey Waney & Smellimy Barf all over you!


0 comments: