Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Holy Coolness Batman - IT'S A LUNAR ECLIPSE!"

I'm sure most of you have better pictures of the Lunar Eclipse that took place last nigt, but I'm still trying to figure out my camera and how it works, so give me a break - sheez!

It's pretty cool to witness a lunar eclipse, even when the temperatures are in the high teens, and your bare feet are frozen to the sidewalk. This was our case while we watched for moments at a time. I didn't have the patience nor enough thermal underwear to allow me to watch the entire thing, but we did check back from time to time to see the progression.

The kids, especially Stoney, thought it was pretty cool! When we called Gunner & Peity to come look at it, they simply looked out the window, said, in a rather dull tone, "Oh, cool," then quickly ran back to what they were doing. I mean, my gosh, couldn't they at least act like it's the coolest thing they've ever seen and want to stay up all night watching the entire movement of the eclipse? What went wrong in my parenting?

From what I read on the internet yesterday, the next Lunar Eclipse will happen again in 2010 - man will I be old!

1 comments:

Juli said...

We didn't get to see it here because of a storm, so I'm so glad you posted pictures!