Thursday, March 27, 2008

Kissed By The Sun!

To say that I wear makeup would be telling a HUGE lie. In almost 18-years of marriage I have literally spent no more than $75 on makeup, but last week I spent that much in one big selfish splurg! I only end up wearing makeup on Sunday's. I do this for two reasons, 1. Because I hate the makeup I have. 2. So that during the week, Brett will look at me and think I'm beautiful, and then when Sunday rolls around, I walk out to head to church and smile as his jaw hits the floor because he thinks I'm the HOTTEST BABE that has ever walked the eart.

It's not so much that I hate makeup, cause I see some women with makeup on who look beautiful, and sometimes I wish I could look like that. But then I remember how much time it probably took to look like that and the thought of wearing makeup is gone in a flash. If anything takes longer than 6-min. to apply, it's so not worth it in my mind. I have too many things I need to put my time to instead of applying makeup. That is why my hair is massively short so that I can shower, blow dry, apply a little product and be done in under 5 min. LOVE IT!

The only makeup I have ever really wanted to buy was makeup from BareMinerals. I've seen it advertised several times on the internet and thought it sounded so great! All you had to do was "SWIRL, TAP, & BUFF". There's no heavy creams or liquid's, just a tiny bit of all natural powders and you'r done. I thought, "Now that's my kind of makeup!"

I've wanted this stuff for the past couple years, but could never bring myself to make the call. Then, as I was reading my friend Xochi's blog, I was looking at her favorite things list and low & behold there was a link to the stuff. I took this as a "sign" so I clicked and ordered.

It came yesterday, and today I used it for the first time! Let me tell you, it's as AWESOME as they say it is. I love it! It took me all of about 10-min. to apply, but that time will drop since I now know what I'm doing and don't have to read the instructions.

I decided to put it on my mom to see how she would look, and holy cow, it was amazing! She's 74-years old and looks great for her age, but she does have aged skin, and has the broken capillaries on her cheeks and stuff. It totally covered it all, and it didn't even look like she was wearing makeup!

I look like I've been KISSED BY THE SUN!!! If it's really this easy, I may just look like a SUPER HOT BABE from here on out! Thanks Xoch for having it on your blog - Love Ya! Yeah for BareEscentuals! http://bareescentuals.com/

4 comments:

xóchitl said...

hooray! i'm so happy that you like it! i'm with you on the no time thing. but i do love bare minerals. you can also get it at sephora stores now. post a photo! hey, how is your mom?

xóchitl said...

i just have to add, i loved brody's video. i can't eat sour patch kids either. hilarious.

Harward Family said...

My mom is doing good. It's wierd to see her not have as much energy as she use to, but as I said, for a 74-year old, she is doing GREAT! Thanks for asking!

Juli said...

I love that makeup, too! I gave it a try about 6 months ago and have been hooked ever since. I went from wearing zero makeup every day to at least wearing the "base" to help out my aging complexion. I'm so glad you love it, too!