Friday, March 14, 2008

The Mark of Zorro Isn't Always A Good Thing!

The legendary character of Zorro and the mark he leaves to those who need a lesson taught to them has come to be known as a sign of comfort and safety among people, but not in my case.

A few days ago I was discussing the newly acquired bags under my eyes with my wonderful husband. These bags are not things that I packed when I moved from Colorado, no, they came all on their own, shipper unknown. I woke up one morning and "WHAM!" there they were! I kid you not! Once in a while, I've had bags under my eye, but again, only once in a blue moon and that was when I have stayed up really late or didn't get much sleep the night before. But now, these succers are determined to stay. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed or how much sleep I get, the puffy, over-packed things are always there, and they last almost all day. I can't stand it!

As I mentioned, I was discussing this fact with Brett when he so lovingly said, "Yes, I've noticed. You have definate crows feet on your eyes, and a really cute mark under one of your eyes that looks like the mark of Zorro." Did he think I was suppose to take that as a tender remark? I mean seriously, I use to look a lot younger than my age, but now.... Holy CRAP! I look like I could be a grandma.

I use to laugh at the commercials the advertised the eye cream or the "filler" creams, and I would think you had to be pretty vain to buy those expensive creams. Well..... guess what! I am now that vain person. I need some major eye cream. Not necessarily a filler, but one that plumps out my wrinkles and shrinks my eye luggages that has so rudely decided to hang around. Who know, I might even try some hemorrhod ointment on those bags to see if it will shrink 'em up! :p I'll let you know how it works out. :o)

2 comments:

xóchitl said...

is it possible that you have allergies in your new environment that you didn't in colorado? hopefully, that's the culprit and you can work with it. otherwise, you might need to visit a good esthetician. there's always hope, except for brett when he makes such crude remarks. :)

Juli said...

Wrinkles, gray hair, back fat, muffin tops, creaking joints, leaking bladder... all part of the aging process, and they appear without notice. My retirement savings will be going toward plastic surgery, etc., so that I won't be a recluse during my retirement. And I don't understand why husbands don't get that none of this is cute... not one thing.