Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Mature" Rated Computer!

It's been a while since I've posted and I have a perfectly good reason... My computer decided to go become a "Mature Audience Only" computer!

It first started a few weeks ago, where it began to run pretty slow. We weren't sure of the reason and it wasn't really doing anything "funny" so we didn't think too much of it. Then we started getting warning that our computer was at risk for viruses. I ran a scan with the security software I had, and according to the software said they had cleaned everything up. Boy was it wrong!

It then began telling me that we were at risk for spyware. I wasn't quite sure of what spyware was, but I was looking for ways to get rid of it when "WHAM!" up pops some of the most aweful pictures I have seen! I was able to stop it, and we didn't use it for a few days. I was still looking for ways to get rid of it.

A few days later, I turned it on, again, the same warnings popped up. I thought I had found the right antispyware to download, when one window of the same stuff as the last time began popping up. I couldn't close them all fast enough. We were so worried that one of the kids would turn it on and see these pictures so we hid the computer until we could take it in to an expert. We were also worried that our identity had been compromised because of some things that were done, so we had to change some things at our bank as well. What a pain!

After 3 days, our computer was back to normal health. It was totally infected with some horrible spyware, and it was hid throughout the computer. The computer "doctors" brought it back to life and here we are... YEAH! Our computer is now back to being "G-Rated!"

1 comments:

xóchitl said...

yuck. doesn't that just make you sick? lame.