Sunday, April 6, 2008

A SOLEMN ASSEMBLY!

What a wonderful weekend it has been. So many memorable things have taken place over the past two days, the best, hearing from our newest prophet, Thomas S. Monson speak to us for the first time as prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

What a blessing it has been to watch the 178th LDS General Conference, and be part of the Solemn Assembly where I raised my hand along with member's throughout the world as we sustained Pres. Monson, his counselors, and other leaders of the church.

Although I've heard Pres. Monson speak many times thoughout my life, hearing him speak to us today as our prophet was something I will remember throughout my life. What a remarkable man he is, and what an incredible prophet, and president of the LDS church he will be.

Each talk that was given was truly inspired. At times I felt as if their words were being spoken directly to me. Hearing the testimonies of so many of our church leaders was uplifting. They increased my testimony, and gave me knew insight on what I need to do to increase and strengthen it.

How I love this gospel. How I love that we have a true and living prophet who speaks to us today, one who is in constant contact with our Father in Heaven. What a time to be alive and be able to raise and teach our children, -the "chosen generation", helping to prepare them to fight and endure the temptations of this world.

Yes, this has truly been a memorable and wonderful weekend.

0 comments: