Thursday, October 2, 2008

LIFE INTERUPTED

So, summer has now been over for 6-weeks, or should I say the kids have been in school for 6-weeks. Time to get back to my blogging. Sad to say that summer time gets to busy to sit down and blog for 5-min. at a time, especially when this is the time to get a lot of your greatest memories down, but hey, I'm only human, so shoot me.

Summertime seem to have flown by in the blink of an eye. We had a great summer, especially since we live closer to family. We spent a lot of time down in Utah County so our kids could play with their gazillion cousins. It was fun to be able to spend more "holiday time" with family as well.

We didn't really go on any vacations especially with the cost of gas the way it is, but we hung out and created memories of our own. The kids claimed to have read each day, which as all parents know is a total load of unmentionables. They should just say, "Mom, I've had a successful summer because my I.Q. dropped a full point!" Then I can say, "Well done my child, you have lived the summer life to the fullest!"

Although summer time is a well deserved vacation for parents and kids alike, I also think they should just keep it going year round because the first 3-months are spent reviewing everything they learned from the previous year, since it's all forgotten over the course of summer vacation.

As a family we spent time at Lagoon, at one of our friends cabins, going camping with friends, watching the kids play different sport (baseball, soccer, and softball), and best of all, watching our 8-year old son, Gunner be baptized and become a new member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint.

These are just of few of the great summer events to took place, and now it's time to get back into the swing of life. So, to all my fellow bloggers who have been so diligent and didn't let summer vacations or life get in their way - Here's to blogging.

2 comments:

Juli said...

So good to have you back!

xóchitl said...

i was diligent in checking your blog all summer. i'm glad you'll be posting more regularly. i insist on it!