Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A MARY KAY WEEKEND IN PARK CITY!

This weekend was spent in the beautiful mountains in Park City, UT. I was lucky enough to attend The Brothers National Retreat for Mary Kay! Before I went I was having a little pity party and really not wanting to go. Thank goodness I have a husband who, at times, knows better than me, kissed me, and kicked my booty out the door! Man, I love that man!


I listened to speakers who are EXTREMELY successful in Mary Kay. They taught us (over 250 women) how, we too, can be successful if we are willing to "get our hands dirty" by working hard, and NEVER GIVING UP! It was also spent raising money for The Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation, which gives money for cancer research, as well as giving towards helping women & children affected by domestic abuse. What a great cause!

I learned that even though the confidence or belief level in yourself isn't quite where it should be, you can lean on your team leader's until the belief in yourself comes. This has been my main area of struggle. This was the #1 reason I joined with this WONDERFUL company, to build my self-confidence & belief in myself. It has been a slow journey, but it's getting there.

New friendships were built during this weekend, also. My friend & sponsoring director, Arianne Morgon, had the insight to put me in a room with a fellow director/friend of hers, Michelle Hughes. I was able to stay with several women within her organization, and we instantly bonded. I was able to attend things that had I not been in this room, I would not have had the privedlege to attend. IT WAS AWESOME!

During one of the evenings, we learned about "Dressing for Success." How to look your best, not only by the way you dress, but by the way you wear your hair. There was a fashion show, which I was lucky enough to be a part of. I was able to have a professional fashion designer pick clothes out just for me that would help me look more professional, and if you know me, I needed all the help I could get. According to all my friends, I looked GREAT, but I so wasn't use to wearing jeans & high heeled boots & DANGLY EARINGS. I sort of felt like a bloated Hoochie Mama, and was waiting for someone to ask me how much I charched. :P Then, me, along with several of my other friends strutted our stuff in front of over 250 women! It was AWESOME (I think)!


One of the highlights during the weekend was to see the transformation of one of my new friends, Colleen Beller. This woman went from a beautiful women with LONG, LONG hair, to a HOT, SEXY WOMAN with a very updated, professional style that totally enhanced her facial features. She looked AMAZING! One of our roomies, Alex Messerly is a great stylist, and was able to help her feel comfortable about making this BIG change! I can't believe the change, and she was even able to donate her hair to locks of love!


Yes, this was a well need weekend get-a-way! One that was needed not only for the outside, but more importantly, for the inside too. I just need to apply what I heard & get out of my own way & get my butt moving. So.....
DIRECTOR, HERE I COME! JUST YOU WAIT & SEE!
JANUARY 2009!

1 comments:

Juli said...

I have no doubt that you can do it! And you do look wonderful. :-)